"Personal Care Aide and/or Home Care Attendant"
1. For Identification purposes only: You need proof of a valid State ID or Drivers Licenses.
2. Must be able to read and write
3. Must be 18 years of age or older
4. Must be able to provide direct patient care
1. Provides personal care services per client service plan, state/federal rules, regulation, and/or standard, such as: maintaining a clean, safe and healthy environment; bed, sponge, tub or shower bathing; shampooing in sink, tub or shower; caring for skin, oral hygiene; assisting with toileting and elimination.
2. Applies safety principles in body mechanics to the performance of specific techniques of personal and support give care such as ambulation of clients, transferring clients, assisting with the normal range of motion and positioning and doing household chores.
3. Prepares/ assist with meals. Grocery shopping as needed.
4. Observes, reports and documents changes in client status.
5. Recognizes emergency situations and implements appropriate emergency procedures per agency protocol.
6. Follows agency procedure with regards to infection control, handling of hazardous wastes and safety measures.
7. Renders services in strict accordance to Service Plan.
8. Attends agency provided in-service programs to fulfill requirements of position and agency polices as requested.
9. Understands and follows the chain of command in relation to job position and supervision.
10. Utilizes appropriate phone etiquette.
This job description is not intended to all-inclusive. Other reasonably related task may be required to meet performance expectations.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibly to this at any time.
I have received a copy of my job description and have read it and understand my performance responsibilities related to my position.